iTero™ Digital Impression System
Conventional vs Digital Impressions
No more goop, gagging, or discomfort. Using an iTero™ scanner your orthodontist can take a highly accurate digital impression. The new technology completely eliminates the tray and putty impressions where the experience is comparable to stuffing a big wad of gum in your mouth. The old technique is incredibly unpleasant and frequently results in taking multiple rounds of impressions that can be rejected, broken, or misplaced. The iTero scanner ensures a more accurate impression from the start, resulting in improved treatment and a more comfortable patient experience. Digital impressions also give you the ability to see your teeth instantly in 3D, improving communication during the consultation and treatment process.
How Does it Work?
The iTero scanner digitally captures the structure of the teeth and gums using the latest optical technology. The scanner is a compact, hand-held wand. Once your orthodontist begins the scanning process, it can be stopped and started as many times as necessary.
Your mouth is scanned with a radiation-free laser, and in as little as two to three minutes, the laser renders a digitally perfect, 3D impression of your teeth and soft tissue structures. Through digital software, you'll then be able to follow the progress of the scans, including a 3D model of your teeth on our computer screen. The iTero scanner can be used for any orthodontic treatment, including Invisalign®.
Here's a fun video that we shot in our office as an introduction of our new iTero Scanner:
i-CAT Cone Beam 3D Dental Imaging System
The i-CAT Cone Beam 3D Dental Imaging System allows your orthodontist to provide quick, comfortable, and effective imaging for the most precise orthodontic diagnosis possible. i-CAT technology provides 3D data for:
- Orthodontic evaluation and treatment planning
- TMJ treatment
- Airway assessments and sleep apnea
- Full facial and jaw 3D images
Patients can take advantage of a more precise orthodontic treatment with i-CAT imaging. Special features for patients include:
- One 20-second scan that provides enough data for a complete diagnosis
- A safer diagnosis with less radiation than traditional CT scanners
- Increased comfort — patients are seated in an open environment with plenty of space
- A more cost-effective imaging system
- Doctors can easily share the data with patients, so patients stay informed and are able to make educated decisions on their course of treatment
Our office is pleased to offer i-CAT 3D imaging for patients receiving orthodontic treatment. Come and see for yourself what it's like to receive a more advanced, patient-friendly orthodontic experience. Call us today to schedule an appointment.
Faster Orthodontic Treatment to Straighten Teeth
Part of the way that orthodontics works is by changing or remodeling the bone surrounding your teeth. As this remodeling process is accelerated, your teeth move more quickly. That's where AcceleDent Aura comes in. By using tiny vibrations, or micropulses, SoftPulse Technology® is designed to speed up bone remodeling, accelerating tooth movement. Here are some of the benefits of AcceleDent:
- Exclusive SoftPulse Technology® applied precisely calibrated micropulses to gently accelerate the movement of your teeth as they are guided by your orthodontics.
- Safe acceleration of the bone remodeling process complements conventional orthodontic treatment.
- Clinically proven to move teeth up to 50% faster.
- SoftPulse Technology® micropulses are gentle and exert up to 8x less force than a power toothbrush.
- These micropulses can also help make your orthodontic treatment more comfortable.
Cutting Edge Laser Technology for Exposing Teeth Hidden Behind the Gums
Sometimes, certain teeth can hide behind the gums and make it impossible for us to attach a bracket to them. In this case, it is necessary for us to carefully cut away a small portion of the gums to enable us to bring the tooth down into the correct position. Hanson Place Orthodontics uses the latest technology to ensure that our doctors can make the most accurate and precise incisions to get the job done. Some of the features of the NV Microlaser include:
- Disposable tips that adjust in six different positions allowing the user to reach difficult areas during procedures.
- Lightweight and wireless, for ease of use and precise movements.
- Portable for use in multiple locations throughout the office.